Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Two love stories.

3800120Star Gazing, by, Linda Gillard.  
I loved this book.  It has been such a long time since I have read anything worth recommending to you.  But this one is way up there on my list of favorites.  I think I may go buy a few copies just to hand out as gifts.   It touches on all the subjects I love: trees, and nature; music and love.  Seeing the world through the eyes of another person.  It was spell-binding.  So hard to put down.  So sad its over.  Can't wait to read anything else written by this well-versed lady.  Kudos.




95693The Blue Castle, by, Lucy Maud Montgomery.  I know this is a really old book.  And the cover looks so corny you think you could plant it and get a crop out of it.  But it is my all time favorite book.  It reminds me so much of the other book I posted here, I just had to put them together.   Ms. Montgomery had such a way with words.  When she talks about nature I am right there rambling through the forests and meadows...if you've never read it, give it a read.  You will be surprised... Love it.  

Really, I am not much into love stories.  I really shy away from the vivid descriptions.  I just think its so tacky.  That's why these two are so high up there on my list, I guess.  Not for the love story.  But the way the writers draw you in, and hold you spell-bound.  With wonderful well thought out characters, surrounded by the beauty of nature.  My soul can expand and breath deeply here.








2 comments:

  1. I was so pleased to read your comment on my novel STAR GAZING. (It turned up in a Google search.) Thank you for posting about it. If you liked STAR GAZING, you might enjoy some of my other books - though beware, they vary a lot in genre.

    If you want more "trees, nature, music & love", try HOUSE OF SILENCE or EMOTIONAL GEOLOGY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need some new fangled thots and ideers?? Look no firdr, brudda...

    Greetings, earthling! Can't stay long, done gotta git, Paw ...yet, if I'm a sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we write the Word:

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic, bawlsy girly passed-away at 17 (God calls U.S. home regardless of our maturity).

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness, as bright as stars for all eternity"
    -Daniel 12:3

    Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you'
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
    See you Upstairs...
    I won't be joining'm in da nasty Abyss where Isis lies
    infowars.com
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH

    ReplyDelete