Tuesday 8 December 2015

Two love stories.

3800120Star Gazing, by, Linda Gillard.  
I loved this book.  It has been such a long time since I have read anything worth recommending to you.  But this one is way up there on my list of favorites.  I think I may go buy a few copies just to hand out as gifts.   It touches on all the subjects I love: trees, and nature; music and love.  Seeing the world through the eyes of another person.  It was spell-binding.  So hard to put down.  So sad its over.  Can't wait to read anything else written by this well-versed lady.  Kudos.




95693The Blue Castle, by, Lucy Maud Montgomery.  I know this is a really old book.  And the cover looks so corny you think you could plant it and get a crop out of it.  But it is my all time favorite book.  It reminds me so much of the other book I posted here, I just had to put them together.   Ms. Montgomery had such a way with words.  When she talks about nature I am right there rambling through the forests and meadows...if you've never read it, give it a read.  You will be surprised... Love it.  

Really, I am not much into love stories.  I really shy away from the vivid descriptions.  I just think its so tacky.  That's why these two are so high up there on my list, I guess.  Not for the love story.  But the way the writers draw you in, and hold you spell-bound.  With wonderful well thought out characters, surrounded by the beauty of nature.  My soul can expand and breath deeply here.








1 comment:

  1. I was so pleased to read your comment on my novel STAR GAZING. (It turned up in a Google search.) Thank you for posting about it. If you liked STAR GAZING, you might enjoy some of my other books - though beware, they vary a lot in genre.

    If you want more "trees, nature, music & love", try HOUSE OF SILENCE or EMOTIONAL GEOLOGY.

    ReplyDelete